India Vs Afghanistan: India’s Next World Cup Match again Afghanistan will be played on Saturday 22nd June 2019. Till Now India has played a total of 4 matches and Win 3 Matches and one has got tied due to rain again Newziland. After a massive win against Pakistan now India will play against Afghanistan which team already lose 4 games out of 4.
IND vs AFGH Squads
India: Virat Kohli (C), Rohit Sharma (VC) Shikhar Dhawan, KL Rahul, Vijay Shankar, MS Dhoni (wicket keeper), Kedar Jadhav, Dinesh Karthik, Y. Chahal, Kuldeep Yadav, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Jasprit Bumrah, Hardik Pandya, Ravindra Jadeja, Mohammed Shami.
Afghanistan: Hazratullah Zazai, Noor Ali Zadran, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Gulbadin Naib (C), Mohammad Nabi, Najibullah Zadran, Ikram Ali Khil (wk), Rashid Khan, Aftab Alam, Hamid Hassan
India vs Afghanistan – Details you need to know
The India vs Afghanistan schedule in cricket matches has been pretty much on and off over the years. However, in recent times, the Afghan team has begun giving some good competition on the field. To know the history of India vs Afghanistan matches and the players that shone in them, here are some details from past matches.
- Till date, The Indian and Afghanistan team has played one Test match and two matches in ODIs and T20s each. Out of which, India has won all matches except one that had resulted in a tie.
- The highest score in an India vs Afghanistan Test match was India’s 474 in 2018, played at Bengaluru. When it comes to ODIs, the highest score was a tie between India and Afghanistan at 252 in a 2018 match played in Dubai. In T20s, India’s 159/5 is the highest score in an India vs Afghanistan cricket match.
- The highest run-scorers in the sole IND vs AFG test are Shikhar Dhawan (107 runs) and Murali Vijay (105 runs). As for ODIs, it is Mohammad Shahzad (146 runs) and Mohammad Nabi (74 runs). Coming to T20s, the highest run scorers are Suresh Raina (56 runs) and Virat Kohli (50 runs).
- Among wicket-takers, Ravindra Jadeja takes the lead in AFG vs IND test matches with 6 wickets. He has also taken the highest number of wickets in India vs Afghanistan ODIs (7 wickets). In T20s, it is Yuvraj Singh who leads the count with 3 wickets.
- In Tests, Dinesh Karthik and Afsar Zazai are in a tie for the most dismissals with 2 each. In ODIs, MS Dhoni has taken the most dismissals with 2 of them. Dhoni also leads the count when it comes to dismissals in T20 matches with 5 dismissals.